About Me

My photo
New York, New York
What happened to Please and Thank you? Can we blame children and teenagers for their behavior or do we blame the parents? I created this blog to have some open and honest conversations about manners and civility. I am fortunate to have a career that allows me interactions with all types of people and I happen to live in the best city in the world! So follow my blog and see what I experience, and learn some of the important life skills I teach my students young and old. To find out more about me visit my site at www.swannoir.net

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thank you

Thank you to my new followers, I appreciate you. Here is a comment from my friend Garia:

Good Morning All, To be honest I don't think it is the young people that failed, but the older generation that failed us. I am from the midwest where we would get "popped" in our mouths if we didn't say yes sir, yes maam,or if we addressed our aunts and uncles by their first name only.When we moved to California people laughed at us when we addressed them appropriately. The common quote would be, " I am not that old."All this to say, those same people are wondering what happen to our youth? Steve Harvey said on Oprah, "Chivalry is not dead its just not required." Same thing goes for manners its just not required anymore. But this why we have people like Stephanie !lol -G-

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about your position on the C.Brown/R. Fenty debacle and the possible effect it will have on young people, especially young girls with esteem issues....
    http://mystiquetimes.blogspot.com

    vmg

    ReplyDelete