About Me

My photo
New York, New York
What happened to Please and Thank you? Can we blame children and teenagers for their behavior or do we blame the parents? I created this blog to have some open and honest conversations about manners and civility. I am fortunate to have a career that allows me interactions with all types of people and I happen to live in the best city in the world! So follow my blog and see what I experience, and learn some of the important life skills I teach my students young and old. To find out more about me visit my site at www.swannoir.net

Friday, March 6, 2009

Try This...


The more you smile, the more positive reactions you will have from people. This is a scientific fact, and I am spreading the word. Try this the next time you are in public, smile at a complete stranger and see what happens. I can guarantee you they will smile back, a smile directly influences people's attitudes and how they will respond to you. Something interesting about women, and this may be why the experiment may be easier for my female friends: Women smile 87 percent of the time in social situations and Men 67 percent of the time. So, yes our men need a little nudge, or should I say smile! Bon Chance!

1 comment:

  1. "Smile a while and give your face a rest"...I agree with you.... That attitude has helped me in many situations...

    ReplyDelete